Thursday, November 1, 2012

Keng Eng Kee Seafood

Ever since my dad brought me to this place when I was young, I really loved the food there. Affordable and delicious are the 2 words to describe the food there. They have many delicious food there that anything you order will most probably come out good. But there are a few dishes that is a must try, so have a good read:


月光河粉 (translated to moonlight hor fun) $8

Comments: This is a dish that I always order when I'm there. The hor fun is not too dry, the egg is half cooked and mixed up before eating. It has chicken and squid. Not too salty either. I rather eat this than rice.


Stir-Fried Kailan $8

Comments: Normally sambal kangkong would be the number one choice, but that day we did not feel like eating kangkong, so we ordered this instead. The vegetables were crunchy and not too oily which would be really unhealthy


Fish head with Black Bean Paste $18

Comments: This is the best fish head I've tried in decades. The fish is really fresh, the meat is really soft and the fact they put pork lard makes it extra delicious. This is a MUST order!*unless you don't like fish head*


Claypot Tofu $15

Comments: Ordered this because I'm a fan of egg tofu. A normal tasting dish compared to the rest.


Chili Crab $44.50

Comments: A famous dish in Singapore. Their version of chili crab is more of the sweet sticky type of sauce. 


Steamed buns $1 each

Comments: Their buns are freshly made everyday by themselves everyday. Different from the fried buns that most restaurant serve, their buns are soft and kinda melts in your mouth.


Salted Egg Yolk Crab $44.50

Comments: This is actually their signature dish. A personal favorite. I like how their egg yolk sauce is watery and thick with a bit of crab roe mixed in it. This is really delicious.

Overall review: I like this place as they have an air-conditioned area and a normal hawker area. So I suggest you call to reserve a place 1 or 2 days before to reserve a seat. I also really love the customer service there. I think they give better customer service than some 5 star restaurants. Another tip is to reserve the crab if not you may not be able to enjoy it and make sure to tell them to give you a fresh one. They also don't charge GST and service charge, which makes them so much more affordable.
Recommendation: 9/10
Other food to try: Veggie with ikan billis, mingzhu rolls, signature tofu, sea cucumber with duck stew, marmite chicken, coffee pork ribs

Details of the place: 124 Bukit Merah Lane 1 #01-136
Tel: +65 6272 1038

No comments:

Post a Comment